Saturday 5 April 2008

ISKCON@Helsinki; Dinner@Prashanth's

An evening at ISCKON

We also found ourselves one evening at the local ISCKON temple. It is really interesting to meet Finns who have dedicated their life to this. In fact, there were people who could recount stories of the Good Lord Krishna, which am sure most of us wouldn’t know!

They served some really yummm vegetarian food – which was a star attraction!

Dinner at my place

So an interesting experience for me is – to host dinners, get togethers at my place. Done that twice this month already!

First time was Pizza

We had close to 10 people…with Inder’s little one – Agasthya as well.

The Second Time :

We headed out to the local Indian store to buy some stuff – and after ages, I found myself buying Indian snacks - bhujia and stuff…

We also went out and hired a DVD – 300..and came back to watch it on my oh-so-nice Flat Screen.

When Sapna and Aditya came by and joined as well – we couldn’t find any good movies online to watch – so that unfortunately was a dampner. But Sidharth as usual rustled up a most nice dinner…hot dal, aloo and pickle to go with it.

The house was full – 6 people…and we even had to find places to sit down – but it was fun!

Here’s to more of them this year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HI ! Nice blog. I and My wife will be in HELSINKI from 9 th to 11th June at HOTEL SEURAHOUNE .Pure vegetarians , we were loolking for contacts there.Your address / ph please.

Dr. VIVEK JAIN MD - Dermatologist