Sunday 19 July 2009

Hauskaa Viikonloppuna Helsingissä - A fun weekend in Helsinki

It's been just two weeks away from Helsinki - and it feels like ages. It feels great to be back!

While Frankfurt was about work, rain and hotel rooms, Helsinki is about sunny summers, fun and friends.

I decided to live out the weekend - after what I felt was days of dreariness. So I called my friend J as I landed in Helsinki 11:00 pm...and after having dropped my suitcase at my apartment, was out in the city by 12:30. Spent the rest of the night at Tiger's. (for those who don't know - one of Helsinki's cushiest clubs in downtown) and finally crashed out at J's apartment at 5 am.

Got up at noon, and after a kebab lunch, was looking to get more sleep, when the weather just cried out. It was sunny and warm and there was an abundance of summer dresses and bon-homie all over. J and I bought some coke and red wine... and we ended up drinking home made Sangria in a beautiful sunny park. (try the recipe out -its quiet easy) Soon, P joined us.

And with wonderful wine and better company, the conversation meandered from music and women to the directorial genius of Quentin Tarantino and of course, the answer to 'what do human beings desire out of life?' All in all, between the wine, the cider, the summer and a dash of optimism, that afternoon, I reached a few conclusions:

- that Women, by and large are wonderful creatures and that there's always something beautiful about every woman (J of course was in agreement, while P - a doctor, was quiet sure of the opposite!)

- that question of Life's purpose is too complex for a summer afternoon - but on the whole it is about fulfilling one's passion

- that Quentin Tarantino is the quintessential genius and that he is a class apart.

- and that I over-analyse things (as you can see by now)

It was finally 10 pm by the time I got home - and got a much needed shower and cooked a hot dinner. I was out again at midnight ... to catch up with friends in the city center, but was soon back at 2 am. And finally got to sleep in my own bed after two weeks in frankfurt.

But one thing is for sure - this Viikonloppua (weekend), is going to mark a shift in the way I look at life, helsinki and women. It's now sunday morning, and as I get ready to do my laundry and my company expense reimbursements, I am sure of impending change in my personal life and Life in general.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude what's up

Prashanth Anandamurthy said...

That was an 'anonymous' comment-
Who's asking!?

Tamara said...

oooh! i'll stay tuned. your weekend sounded great. we're having a few gorgeous sunny days too, in spite of the winter and SO enjoying them.

Dusty Fog said...

lets try and replicate that weekend when you are down here Mr P....: )

Prashanth Anandamurthy said...

Sure thing DF - only thing is - will it compare to the one I had in Helsinki?
:)

Christina said...

Loved those conclusions reached over an afternoon :)

Prashanth Anandamurthy said...

:) Summer and Sangria can do that to you in Helsinki!
And now Autumn is a whole different ball game.