Sunday 3 February 2008

Back from Finland...

Before I begin - my disclaimer - which, am sure, most ardent bloggers have used at least once - maintaining an online diary requires diligence, i am discovering :) I can see many faces smiling and nodding in agreement.

I have been in India since the last week of Dec 07; And it's been every bit of a self discovery as travel. It's not just just travel that changes you...it's your choice to change...and then situations arise wherein you stand and say...I choose this.

But enough of pedantic insights...this blog is about my time in Bangalore, a wild New Years and a little bit of Prashanth :)

I thought being in Finland increased my appetite for company. It did. I landed in Bangalore on a Thursday morning...and by Friday eve was all set to go out and party. I made a couple of calls...but ppl had already made plans. So, i was all dressed and no where to go. I remember I called atleast 5 friends only to discover that none was free.

So, when my brother asked me what I wanted for my birthday the following monday, I was ready with an answer - Fun Company! So that birthday, we went out to Taika...one of the older clubs in the city. With a heady mixture of a couple of larges, beer, music and old memories, i returned home to a 3 hour chat with my sister in law...on the virtues of closure and the importance of new beginnings.

You could imagine that I was really looking forward to New Years.

No comments: